POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Brightness : Photon Brightness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Brightness
From: Sereib
Date: 23 Sep 2013 06:25:00
Message: <web.5240160e37022733dc614e470@news.povray.org>
Hello,

when using the "photons" feature in a scene, is there any option to adjust the
brightness of the effect "photons" causes, as it is possible for the "radiosity"
feature with the brightness statement in the global radiosity block?

I know, POV-Ray just wants to create realistic images, but sometimes it can be
reasonable to "improve" realism to get the look desired.

In this special case, I have some quartz objects on a dark surface, and I would
like to make the diffraction pattern  more bright without increasing the
brightness of the surface.

Thank you!