POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering extremely large images : Re: Rendering extremely large images Server Time
18 Jun 2024 09:36:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering extremely large images
From: Atlaste
Date: 30 Aug 2013 08:40:00
Message: <web.52209180a03553e0ebcb0460@news.povray.org>
> your formula becomes something like:
>
> #declare ColumnSize = 10;// or whatever the number of image per column
> camera
> {
>     orthographic
>     location <div(clock,ColumnSize)*9.8 ,
>      15,
>      mod(clock, ColumnSize)*9.8>
>
> right <10,0,0>
> direction <0,1,0>
> up <0,0,10>
> look_at <div(clock,ColumnSize)*9.8,0,mod(clock, ColumnSize)*9.8>
> }
>

> clock goes from 0 to (NumberOfRow)*(ColumnSize) by step of 1.

Yes, I've gotten that far; I just thought this was incorrect: the X axis will
work like that - sure, but because the Z axis is under an angle, shouldn't I
first calculate the plane orthogonal to the vector between the eye and the
look_at point and move on that? Or doesn't that matter because I use
orthographic projection?

Stefan.