POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random placement of objects : Re: Random placement of objects Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:31:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random placement of objects
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Aug 2013 10:55:02
Message: <web.521f60299c870026dd2ebc560@news.povray.org>
I see that the pseudorandom stream is dependent upon the seed value.
I guess what I need is a _different_, if not truly random value to pass to the
seed() generation command.
Are the noise generators "truly" random (enough) for this purpose?
I see clipka tried to access the system date/time way back when, which IIRC is
how we used to do it when I was a kid, when we used to build mechanical
computers out of dinosaur bones shaped with flint tools... :O

Is there _any_ outside, changing system value that POV-Ray SDL can access?