POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rheotomic Surfaces : Re: Rheotomic Surfaces Server Time
21 Jun 2024 16:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rheotomic Surfaces
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Aug 2013 23:30:01
Message: <web.521ec014329ee21dd2ebc560@news.povray.org>
Yeah, I know the feeling.
I've got like 7-8 pages of differential equations I took as notes while trying
to figure out the Finite Element Method.

Start with something simple.

Try some heighfields, some basic grids / meshes and try some deformations and
transformations.

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm
Try looking through this stuff and Googling "POV-Ray + ....."
Then take baby steps until whatever you're doing approaches your goal.

I find this interesting as well, but right now I'm in the middle of 2 or 3
sh*tstorms IRL, and it'll likely be about 6 months before I can resume a lot of
this.

Try some grids / checkers and apply some warps, and I think that will get you
far, fast.  Watch the videos - they're illuminating.