POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rounding and logic functions : Re: rounding and logic functions Server Time
19 May 2024 14:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounding and logic functions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Aug 2013 23:10:01
Message: <web.520ee8b087475f8873fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
> Should have added some spaces...
>
> What do you *realy* mean if you have 2^ 2/3?
> It can be 2^(2/3) OR be (2^ 2)/3.
> or what about 2^ 3^ 4...
> It can be 2^(3^ 4) OR (2^ 3)^ 4.

That's the purpose of heirarchy.

I'd write them the way you wrote them with the parentheses.
I've always learned that ^ precedes /, so 2^2/3 would be (2^2)/3.
But _allowing_ the use of a carat would be useful.

I suppose I could something clever with an include file...

[I can't believe I wrote that about abs... my brain must have been OFF!