POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recursively defined objects and memory : Re: recursively defined objects and memory Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: recursively defined objects and memory
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Aug 2013 20:55:00
Message: <web.520ec950e896405b73fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
> - Actually, it is not about the time at which a /function/ is evaluated,
> but the time at which an /expression/ is evaluated.
>
> - In any expression, variables (defined with #declare or #local) and
> macro invocations are /always/ resolved during parsing of that
> expression, no matter when the expression as a whole is evaluated.

I see.  Mostly.  I'll likely flowchart this out or write an illustrative POV
file to work it all out .. eventually.

I'll have to take a look at two of my SDL's and compare their #while - #else -
#end loops to get a better idea of when THEY get ... implemented.

Thanks for your clarifications.  I always learn a lot from your posts.
Your time on these newsgroups and your advice and assistance is always
appreciated.