POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poseray: Saving only 1 out of 38 groups? : Re: Poseray: Saving only 1 out of 38 groups? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poseray: Saving only 1 out of 38 groups?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 14 Aug 2013 13:25:01
Message: <web.520bbcca5ce6e5fc15620aa60@news.povray.org>
> I have a big mesh file with 38 separate groups.
> I want to take one of those and save it separately to further work on it.
> It's less than obvious how to do this.

If you can see only one group with the group tab of PoseRay (as is with your
bony leg) then you must use Wings or something alike, select the seperated mesh
and "export selected". Within a Wavefront OBJ-File (exported slt from Blender)
you can have several groups within one object, but they can be defined using
only one or no group likewise. You can check this by loading the OBJ-file into
a text editor and look for lines starting with "g ". In this case PoseRay cannot
find the seperated objects since they are not defined as a group. With Wings you
can select one face on the desired part, add adjacent faces (+ key) until you
have this "group".

If you find several groups within PoseRays groups tab, you can select and
deselect them simply by clicking on them. PoseRay will only export the selected
groups.

Best regards,
Michael