POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : window to viewport transformation : Re: window to viewport transformation Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:47:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: window to viewport transformation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Jul 2013 14:15:01
Message: <web.51f55f08d7fe654273fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
Interesting.
Is there a way to say, determine the coordinates of the corners of the view?
I realize this would be dependent upon the distance...

I'm thinking:
draw a line from the camera to the look_at point C=<1,1,-1> and L_A=<0,0,0>
draw a plane perpendicular to that vector   plane {C-L_A, 0}

.... then there must be a way to draw line extending from the camera to the
corners, but I'm not familiar enough with the workings of the camera(s) to see
how to do that.
I guess this has something to do with direction and/or angle

I've seen that you can actually texture the _camera_?!
That would be useful to do with a grid - faster rendering than with a plane?
Can the camera be textured with a "frosted" effect to simulate an old
ground-glass view-camera?