POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The wayback machine : Re: The wayback machine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The wayback machine
From: MichaelJF
Date: 6 Jul 2013 13:15:00
Message: <web.51d84fb833d8890edcd1fb830@news.povray.org>

> I do appreciate still being referenced from the POV-Ray official page.

the work under way is not to erase content, but to regain lost one. The link to
your site at the POV-Links site and the POV-Wiki is
perso.wanadoo.fr/eureka2.12/vrml/welcome.html
you gave now
http://eureka.atari.org/vrml/
both links redirect to
http://eureka2.12.pagesperso-orange.fr/vrml/welcome.html
what is still alive, so there is no problem. And I don't think that Maurice (aka
Mr. here), who is the real master of this revision, will decide otherwise.

My point here is, that we should use the wayback machine more carefully as done
in the past. I think regaining an old include file which still can be
instructive after all the years is safe. But regaining complete old sites from
persons who developed into an other direction may be cause trouble.

Best regards,
Michael