POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : medias with pov3.7 : Re: medias with pov3.7 Server Time
31 May 2024 23:58:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: medias with pov3.7
From: Fractracer
Date: 1 Jul 2013 17:40:00
Message: <web.51d1f6dd943fc4c0916440570@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Fractracer" <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I don't know if my question do go in this group. But...
> > Why rendering with medias are slower with pov3.7, more then two times longer as
> > with pov3.6? I use rarely the 3.7 version.
>
> My crystal ball suggests that a black wizard inside your computer makes media
> slower for you.
>
> No serious: You make a generic claim without any additional information. How is
> anybody to offer any help with your problem if you do not even provide any means
> to replicate your specific problem?
>
> Thorsten

Here the times for the same little scene:
V3.7
Render Time:
  Photon Time:      No photons
  Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
  Trace Time:       0 hours  0 minutes  5 seconds (5.211 seconds)
              using 2 thread(s) with 9.749 CPU-seconds total

V3.6
Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  8 seconds (8 seconds)
  Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  8 seconds (8 seconds)
CPU time used: kernel 1.15 seconds, user 7.02 seconds, total 8.17 seconds
Render averaged 37580.50 PPS over 307200 pixels

In this simple scene you can see that the rendering is slower with v3.7 (9.749
vs 8.17). If I use a big scene the difference increase.
The scene file used is the same.
I hope you have enough informations to understand my problem.