POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Wiki Cleanup : Re: Some Wiki Cleanup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Wiki Cleanup
From: MichaelJF
Date: 30 Jun 2013 15:55:01
Message: <web.51d08c4e7b9ae67669425edf0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

first of all I will apologize. I didn't intended to upset you. And I didn't
wanted to tell a lesson about wikis. I wanted an explanation why the POV-Wiki
has other rules as the Wikipedia e.g. so I tried to describe the differences. It
was not intended as a lesson about wikis. I was unaware of the fact that the
link-list of the POV-Wiki is a source for other processes (I assume it will be
synced with the original POV-site?) completely. That explains all and I have no
problems to accept this. But I had no idea about this so far.

To be more constructive. I was not lazy the last hours and worked through nearly
all the links Maurice has left (the 3d resources and half of the include files
is missing so far, but I have visited all other links - from the macro and
object files up to the peoples pages. I have the odd habit to start bottom up.).
I regained a lot of the broken ones by the "wayback machine" but not all.

But for the moment I only scribbeled it down to outprints of the link lists and
it will take a week to have it in a form I can present you, I fear.

Best regards,
Michael