POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Wiki Cleanup : Re: Some Wiki Cleanup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Wiki Cleanup
From: MichaelJF
Date: 28 Jun 2013 12:55:00
Message: <web.51cdbfac7b9ae6768bb345070@news.povray.org>
> A while back someone was actively working on resolving some of the sites
> that (like you pointed out) had moved or gone away. I'm not sure how far
> they had gotten with that effort. I'd have to check, but IIRC he'd made
> /some/ progress. The user "Mr" posts here from time to time .. he's the
> chap that maintains the Blender->POV exporter. Perhaps he will notice
> this thread and fill us in on where he stopped. Something I remember
> about his effort that he was able to find some of the disappeared sites
> on some archive site ... waybackmachine or something like that. At any
> rate I can create accounts, but would have to classify that as low
> priority. Since I'm not someone who turns done help I /might/ be able to
> get to it later next week. Still interested?

Yes, there will be other evenings with long time renderings. No need to hurry...

I looked through the discussion pages and it seems that the user "Maurice" has
worked through the "Animation Utilities", "Image and Texture Resources",
"Magazines, Lists, and FAQs" and "Programs". At "Resources" he left an entry to
start there next time. This was 11. December 2011. All other discussion pages
are empty.

Ah, while writing this response, Mr (aka Maurice) gave an answer and confirmed
the findings above. Seems I have to learn more about the time machines. In the
past I found only two lost resources at such machines by simply googling for
them. But I looked only for ones I was really interested in. There are some
details in Maurice's "directives" I didn't comprehend - may be lost to
translation and the reason why it took so long to answer - and I still need an
account at the POV-Wiki.

I propose to communicate in private about both issues. My email is
mi-friedrichs317t-online.de. Please replace the 317 by @. Today I will withdraw
into RL but will answer tomorrow.

Best regards,
Michael