POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Very big time difference of a render : Re: Very big time difference of a render Server Time
19 May 2024 12:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very big time difference of a render
From: Mr
Date: 25 Jun 2013 08:10:01
Message: <web.51c9877291e1715fed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
> My version of the exporter is based on the official version, I didn't write a
> code from a blank sheet, but... the official version seeks to tie the Povray
> parameters to the Blender parameters that absolutely irrationally and doesn't
> allow to use all capacity or Povray force

The current implementation tied to blender parameters is only the first step,
what you are trying to do is the second step of what is planned for the exporter
development. the two steps are supposed to remain, just like you could convert
Blender Internal Material for Luxrender with its exporter AND also do native Lux
textures.

For this to work, the current "translation" code needs not to be broken, so more
features would stay available. Your discarding all that was previously done to
make your version from scratch makes us do double work instead of teaming up.

However I do understand that you want to be free to make your own workflow, I
hope you'll get everything in place soon so that maybe I can stop developing and
focus at last on creating nice images.

Note that the idea of the current exporter is not only to get access to all
POV-Ray's features, but also to use blender interface and workflow as a shortcut
to some advanced cases that would be cumbersome to code in POV-Ray such as
specular mapping, or try using blender's presets for subsurface scattering with
POV and you'll see what I mean as well.

In any case, thanks for keeping up the good work.