POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Very big time difference of a render : Re: Very big time difference of a render Server Time
28 May 2024 19:52:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very big time difference of a render
From: LanuHum
Date: 22 Jun 2013 04:10:01
Message: <web.51c55ab091e1715f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I don't know how you managed to get this media sample count from the official
> blender exporter since the media samples allowed by its interface are a maximum
> number of 100.
>
> About the pigment_pattern with image map slowdown, how much does it really slow
> things down? Because that's really needed to get to more complex texture
> influence export  corner cases like specular mapping with a texture. To
> implement scripted conditions that detect more cleverly the complexity of the
> scene in original file and export only with necessary features, I need to know
> how much speed could be gained, and if it's really worth it.
>
> Anyway, LanuHum, this is a very interesting type of comparison to improve the
> exporter. there could be such tests for many other features with very simple
> scenes also usefull to spot regressions of exporter versions. I think I did put
> a few scenes on the exporter wiki for that already and I might have a few others
> on my local drive at home. ask me by mail if you want them and please could you
> also send me any updates to your version of the script when you manage to get it
> closer to the official one so that I can try to merge the two versions.

Initially:
Why I started working with Povray?
I was interested by possibility of application to object of several materials
with various characteristics:Glass with a color pattern, on it mirror patterns
from silver, on mirror patterns blackening (oxygenating)

Blender internal render is able to draw it, but without photons, without
caustic, without iridescence
Povray is able to draw it, with photons, with caustic, with iridescence.

For this purpose it is necessary to use textural maps
I turned on at once two maps in function of write of the file, it is so simpler
to operate process automatically
If material 1, textural map: rgb 0, if materials 2 - textural map: image
If material 1 and textural map: rgb 0 - can, it not rational (record or write),
but this process doesn't take a lot of time, but relieves the programmer of a
difficult code

Now for me the main problem - to create a preview of the patterns built in
Povray by means of any crutch as I am not a professional in the field of
programming. It is simple my hobby, I don't know much.

After that it will be necessary to clear, correct errors, to establish rational
parameters by default, and, it will be possible to try to create very good
scenes

My version of the exporter is based on the official version, I didn't write a
code from a blank sheet, but... the official version seeks to tie the Povray
parameters to the Blender parameters that absolutely irrationally and doesn't
allow to use all capacity or Povray force

I connect the Povray parameters with the Blender parameters only to create a
preview of materials in Blender. The preview of the materials surface with
textures like image from file is already available:
http://yadi.sk/d/I4Dk-4G063iaU

If my work is interesting to you and there are questions, you can contact me
having written to me here:
Lan### [at] yandexru
But, you remember, I use an online translator for communication with
English-speaking people of our planet