POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Very big time difference of a render : Re: Very big time difference of a render Server Time
7 May 2024 11:52:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very big time difference of a render
From: Mr
Date: 19 Jun 2013 09:00:01
Message: <web.51c1aaf291e1715fed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
I don't know how you managed to get this media sample count from the official
blender exporter since the media samples allowed by its interface are a maximum
number of 100.

About the pigment_pattern with image map slowdown, how much does it really slow
things down? Because that's really needed to get to more complex texture
influence export  corner cases like specular mapping with a texture. To
implement scripted conditions that detect more cleverly the complexity of the
scene in original file and export only with necessary features, I need to know
how much speed could be gained, and if it's really worth it.

Anyway, LanuHum, this is a very interesting type of comparison to improve the
exporter. there could be such tests for many other features with very simple
scenes also usefull to spot regressions of exporter versions. I think I did put
a few scenes on the exporter wiki for that already and I might have a few others
on my local drive at home. ask me by mail if you want them and please could you
also send me any updates to your version of the script when you manage to get it
closer to the official one so that I can try to merge the two versions.