POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cyrillics! How to use? : Re: Cyrillics! How to use? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cyrillics! How to use?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 16 Jun 2013 15:15:01
Message: <web.51be0d6237292b4178641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> My OS - Linux. Fedora-18 and Mageia-3
> if cyrillic:
>         image_map {
>
> "/home/leonid/Blender/textures/проба.png"
> //проба - cyrillic symbol
>         filter all 0 transmit all 0}

POV-Ray SDL is not HTML.  The correct syntax is
"\u043F\u0440\u043E\u0431\u0430".

> Konsole wrote:
>

> File '/home/leonid/Blender/povray/test/povwip.pov' line 42: Possible Parse
>  Error: Cannot find file '/home/leonid/Blender/textures/          .png',
> even after trying to append file type extension.
> File '/home/leonid/Blender/povray/test/povwip.pov' line 42: Possible Parse
>  Error: Cannot find image file.
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot open file.
> Render failed
>
> look:spacespacespacespace.png

I tried an image map both using the correct POV-Ray syntax and copying and
pasting the Cyrillic text directly into the scene file.  As noted, both
techniques work in a text{} object, but it appears that POV-Ray cannot handle
non-ASCII file names or read and write non-ASCII text.  This is a serious
limitation for an international program.