POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground : Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground Server Time
2 May 2024 18:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Jun 2013 06:50:01
Message: <web.51b7008a2f4fb5c5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
> Does BPP write 210 sets of positions/transforms which are then rendered
> by frame in povray? Or, is BPP set up to simulate/render per frame?

It writes a set of .inc files containing the geometry transformed using matrix {
}. You can optionally specify POV-Ray SDL in the lua code to surround the matrix
transform. Also exported is a .pov file which does an #include based on the
clock variable, and an .ini file to set up the animation loop.

> Suppose I am wondering if one can one peak ahead by rendering select
> frames after a total simulation completes.

You can, by simply #including the frame you want to see and turning off the
animation. This is how I set up the camera and environment in the master .pov
file before rendering the whole animation.

> Also, whether it is possible
> to look at a what happens to a few items of the whole simulation in
> isolation by rendering just those items.

I'm not sure. Perhaps if you used the in-line SDL feature to #declare all the
geometry items into an array, then the #include would insert nothing into the
scene and you could pick out any subset of items you wanted. I should try this,
it sounds like it might be quite powerful.

> Lastly, we are now of course in anticipation of a movie staring the
> "Archimedean Solids".

Haha, good idea!

> Bill P.
The other Bill P