POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground : Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground Server Time
2 May 2024 14:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Jun 2013 06:35:01
Message: <web.51b6fd352f4fb5c5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
> What I wonder at is what happens to the left side of the bricks stack?
> When the ball hits, it should crumble fractionally earlier than the
> right side, maybe bringing the stack down towards the left.

It looks reasonable to my eyes. More bricks are knocked out on the right side,
so it falls slightly that way and into the gap left by the ball.

> Would be worthwhile to see this in
> slow motion (and with semi-transparent bricks).

I want to try some slow motion and camera movement next, so I might be able to
oblige. Not sure about transparency though, it might end up looking too busy to
see what's going on. I could use some radiosity to illuminate the shadowed
areas, that might make it a little clearer.

Bill