POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : apps to aid colour selection : Re: apps to aid colour selection Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: apps to aid colour selection
From: Bernard
Date: 9 Jun 2013 13:10:01
Message: <web.51b4b6718e69ece672d1310c0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Bernard" <ber### [at] flyonahookmeuk> wrote:
>

> > The best I can do right now is to make the control panel detachable from the
> > colour circle. If you download again you will find another button at the bottom
> > of the window which does this.
> >

> Sorry for the delay. I appreciate your extra work on this. I'm kind of reluctant
> to critique it further, as you've been nice enough to offer the app here. But
> critiquing things is a natural part of these newsgroups ;-)
>
> Unfortunately (for me), the 'detach' button is at the bottom--and I can't scroll
> the app upward enough to reach it! (The only way to move the app around is with
> its top panel bar--which can't go past the top of the screen.) It was a valiant
> effort nevertheless. If I decide in future to run my monitor at a higher rez,
> your app will be quite useful.
>
> Something I noticed: When I launch it, and then completely close it out, the
> colrcirc.exe program is still running in the background (as seen in Window's
> Task Manager.) Should it not completely disappear from the system until the app
> is relaunched?

Hi Kenneth
re 'still running' - I see what you mean. I had not noticed this and don't know
why. It does not happen with the new version for which I am starting a new
thread.
Sorry, I can't make the app window any smaller. It would need a complete new
program but in any case the control panel more or less fixes the size.