POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apparent bounding bug in sphere_sweep : Re: Apparent bounding bug in sphere_sweep Server Time
20 May 2024 09:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparent bounding bug in sphere_sweep
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 3 Jun 2013 18:40:01
Message: <web.51ad1a2eee7a695878641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Ok, this is weird.. I simply move the translate up inside the sphere_sweep
> object and added a second union around the markers and got the image below in
> 3.7...

Now this is funny.  Your workaround works, regardless of the Remove_Bounds (UR)
setting.  When I set +UR I get "Parse Warning: Unnecessary bounding object
removed" (as would be expected), but it still renders as if the bound were /not/
removed.

Speaking of which, I agree with Warp and his invocation of the principle of
least surprise on 2010-03-23 (p.bugreports, Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be
troublesome?).  Remove_Bounds should default to off (and I think I'll put that
in my povray.ini).