POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject>
From: alefburzmali
Date: 2 Jun 2013 07:45:00
Message: <web.51ab301cc23a6d9d353e5a50@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I am currently using POV-Ray to generate virtual scenes, next I've got to
analyse these generated images for a specific study. I have to simulate the
behavior of the default setting of the Go Pro 2 HD.

The default setting of the Go Pro 2 HD :

Fixed-focal lens : 0.6m to infinity
Aperture : f/2.8
HFOV : 170deg
reso : 1920x1080

I changed the camera setting accordingly :

camera {
  perspective
  //spherical
  location camera_location
  look_at <0,8.25,0>
  //right       1.777777778*x
  right x*image_width/image_height
  //rotate <0,clock*360,0>
  //angle hfov
  //angle 170 43.59
  //aperture 2.8
  focal_point <0,6.0,0> //go pro fixed focal -> 0.6m to infinity
  aperture 0.3571 // go pro aperture : f/2.8
  blur_samples 20
}

But everything is blurred from the focal point to infinity, I wanted the inverse
behavior, however I don't understand how to manage that with the POV-Ray syntax.

Besides, when I set the horizontal FOV (angle) to 170deg, the image is deformed
and objects look very far.

Does any of you have already tried to simulate the behavior of a real camera and
could help me fix my little problem ?

Thanks a lot !

Alef,