POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help filling in radial gradient colors : Re: Help filling in radial gradient colors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help filling in radial gradient colors
From: Nicolas
Date: 15 May 2013 10:45:00
Message: <web.51939e3eaceea820dd09a49f0@news.povray.org>
Thanks a lot for your quick reply Kenneth.

The color result I want is the shape to be glowing blue on the outside, like a
fluorescent neon sign like this:
http://www.perma-laboratories.com/Neon_Signs__LED_Signs__Backlite_Signs__Neon_Clock.jpg

I would like to be able to see that it gradually gets more red as you move
towards the center of the "sensitive volume," which as you said will probably
look purple, and that's fine (I think the eye will be able to understand that
there's red inside even though it looks purple).
On the top I want the color profile to be obvious though, blue-red-blue, even
though there will again be some inevitable purple-ing.
I want it all to have a BRIGHT, beautiful glow.

Thanks again, and let me know if you have some ideas.