POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Artists - 3d painting (WIP) : Re: Artists - 3d painting (WIP) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artists - 3d painting (WIP)
From: s day
Date: 13 May 2013 03:45:00
Message: <web.519098e7544d69f83449e5060@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I am working on making the paint macro able to use eval_pigment() instead
> of declaring a colour beforehand. Now I am able to render a complete scene
> this way. I first make a normal render of the scene without paint. Then I
> #declare that image as an image map on a z-plane so that it fits nicely in
> front of the scene, using it only to trace the colours. then I use the
> same direction vector to trace onto the scene and this is what I got.
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.
> --
> -Nekar Xenos-

Great idea, have you tried making the blobs thinner in the x scale or longer in
the y to make it look more like a brush stroke?

This has given me a good idea for my moss placement, the shape of each clump of
moss was a bit square for my liking (as I just used trace over a rectangular
area), didn't think about using an image to place the moss. I will give that a
go.

Sean