POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Output_File_Name -- quoted string question : Re: Output_File_Name -- quoted string question Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:53:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output_File_Name -- quoted string question
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 May 2013 22:20:01
Message: <web.51904c3af34be07c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
BTW, the thing that prompted me to try and solve my original problem was a
subtle difference in behavior between v3.62 and 3.7RC7. In 3.62, the "unquoted
string" error message was benign--just showing up in the message stream, if I
cared to look for it. In 3.7, though, POV-Ray actively switches attention from
the scene file to the quickres.ini file, pointing out the location of the error.

I'm not sure which method of behavior I like better. I suppose 3.7 is doing the
'right thing' by drawing attention to the error; but it can't be so easily
ignored this way, if I *wanted* to ignore it.