POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data : Re: How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data
From: Ray
Date: 25 Apr 2013 23:55:01
Message: <web.5179fa33982963345d4cf1e0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 19/04/2013 10:41 AM, Ray wrote:
>
> Also somewhere on the net there is a utility called tga2df3.exe will
> convert a tga file to df3.

I have done this: I extracted each slice of data from the 3D matrix (that is
each slice is a 2D array and all such slices combined to give a 3D matrix). Then
I output each slice of data as a gray level picture and converted all of those
images into TGA format. Next, I combined all my tga images into a .df3 file
format and rendered it with following code:

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }
background { rgb 1 }
camera {direction z*8 location <0,0,-10>}
light_source { <20,40,10>, 1 }

sphere // transparent sphere containing media
{ 0,1 pigment { rgbt 1 } hollow
interior
{ media
{ absorption 5
density
{ density_file df3 "a1.df3" interpolate 1
   color_map{ [0 rgb 0]
     [0.4 rgb <1,0,0>]
     [0.8 rgb <1,1,0>]
     [1 rgb 1]
   } }}}}

But the result showed a very strange shape. I changed the camera location, still
no smoke shape displayed. I really have no idea what's wrong with that. The TGA
image seems correct. I attached one of the TGA images and two images of result
with different camera location. Any ideas what my problem might be?
Thank you,
Ray

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: