POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blender question : Re: blender question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender question
From: Mr
Date: 22 Apr 2013 17:10:01
Message: <web.5175a66ee6eebd8c468b4f10@news.povray.org>

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?271538-Using-cloth-sim-how-can-I-make-a-flag-wrap-around-an-object

> > the 2nd method mentioned by poster ridix
> >
> > I just used a cylinder as a pedestal and a plane as the cloth. Sure
> > enough after hunting for and /eventually/ finding the play button, it
> > draped the cloth over the pedestal. Well here's the rub ... has anyone
> > figured out how to get the geometry of the simulation results back into
> > the 3D view so I can export?
>
> you mean, instead of pressing play you could just slide the timeline marker just
> down below to the most apropriate frame of the simulation? ;)

Yes, nowadays, it's as simple as that, add a Cloth modifier to your object and
hit ALT+A.

then of course to render, you just need to activate POV in the add ons window,
choose it as the renderer in the drop down of the menu bar, and press the
"render image" or "render animation button", depending on what you want to do.