POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 : Re: Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 8
From: MichaelJF
Date: 17 Apr 2013 15:15:00
Message: <web.516ef470c40b10bf585ed6a30@news.povray.org>
Usually one gets no system disks nowadays but has to burn a system mirror to
disk as soon as you have a new machine. Of course I did that. Since Suse wasn't
able to repartition  my hard drive I allowed it full control (what means erasing
windows completely. I restored it later from this disks). The Problem with Suse
seems to be one with the grafic engine. I only could get rid of the Grub by
installing another Linux Version (Fedora) and then I was able to restore
Windows. Fedora showed the same problems as Suse having a split screen after
first reboot. May be I must look for an option to invoke sax during the
Installation.

Best regards,
Michael