POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation : Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation
From: Mahadeesh
Date: 25 Mar 2013 01:40:01
Message: <web.514fe2c28779cae0f0688a760@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > I'm doing Simulation of Synthetic Aperture Radar( SAR )Mode/(Microwave Imaging).
> >
> > I came to through POV in one of the IEEE research paper and I thought it would
> > be useful for me. There is one segment in my project is scene object
> > reflectivity pattern calculation say the object can be building or car or tree
> > etc...
> >
> > How to calculate the reflectivity pattern using any of the Electromagnetic
> > Imaging Algorithm like Ray Tracing Method / Physical Optics(PO) Method. I
> > suppose that POV can help me on that. It would be very helpful, if i get any
> > sort of suggestion from this group. At least let me know if my understanding is
> > correct or not ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> You can not simulate any interference pattern from several sources or
> reflective objects. The best you can get is thin film irisation. A very
> narow slit can't show anything but a sharp pattern. Those are crutial
> for any SAR.
>
> For the visible spectrum, you can add some reflection in the finish of
> your objects. Metals have prety uniform reflectivity, but other
> materials normaly have variable reflection.

Thanks a lot for replying to my query...

Just simple level reflectivity map calculation of the object is only im looking
for.. Manually creating a program for Electromagnetic imaging like say Ray
tracing Algorithm , Physical optics method etc is very tedious task...

Thats why I'm planning to use POV ray for reflectivity map calculation of the
scene or object. From that generated reflectivity map, I was hoping to use it
for SAR raw echo simulation....

Is my approach feasible one ? Thank you.