POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation : Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation
From: Mahadeesh
Date: 25 Mar 2013 01:25:00
Message: <web.514fdf6f8779cae0f0688a760@news.povray.org>
> You probably need to specify in more detail what you mean by
> reflectivity pattern.
>
> Also, you should be aware that povray can only give you estimates
> on the intensity of reflected light based on simple geometric models,
> in particular not taking into account effects like interference. This
> may limit the usefulness for simulating longer wavelengths.

Thanks for replying...

I mean reflectivity pattern here as BACK SCATTERING effect of the objects in the
scene. Like calculation of single, double and triple bounce effect from the
ray.. When all these effects are summed together we get, back scattering effect
of the object.I need reflectivity map of any 3D modeled object. I may not
require to consider the effects of interference. Just a simple creation of
reflectivity map of any object/ scene. Thank you.