POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Batch/command-line render in Windows : Re: Batch/command-line render in Windows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batch/command-line render in Windows
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 21 Mar 2013 16:05:02
Message: <web.514b678f69ab0bc4d97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
Timwi <pov### [at] timwide> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the Windows version of POV-ray comes only with a GUI.
>
> What do I need to do to get a command-line-compatible renderer?

there is a way to get around this:

What you do is turn your sequential files that you would normally render with a
..bat file into .inc files then you put them into an array in a new file, like so
--

#declare render_queue =
array [num] {

include render_queue[frame_number]

I haven't tested it, but I think it should work; although it might pose problems
for batch rendering animations...

If each file you were rendering had it's own .ini file, it might work.

Regards,
A.D.B.