POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trouble with coincident surface in a CSG merge : Re: Trouble with coincident surface in a CSG merge Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble with coincident surface in a CSG merge
From: Sohcahtoa
Date: 11 Mar 2013 15:05:00
Message: <web.513e2ab36a8d59d3e2c661190@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> You could try breaking the file into several smaller files -- say 10x10 chunks
> square?  Or more, if you're comfortable with it -- and render each one
> separately via batch file.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

I don't see how that could reduce parse times.  It'd still have the parse the
same amount of data.

The best I can really do is just reduce the amount of the world my program
exports to the POV file.  So far, I only do this based on distance from a
defined point, which isn't really that good of a solution.  Ideally, I'd define
a point where the camera is and a direction the camera is pointing, then only
export geometry within a cone pointing in that direction, with some extra nearby
blocks included to make sure radiosity gets sampled well enough.