POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media with a white background (w/ images) : Re: Scattering media with a white background (w/ images) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media with a white background (w/ images)
From: Brad
Date: 10 Mar 2013 13:50:01
Message: <web.513cc6b9e2590dc5c1b4166f0@news.povray.org>
> box {
>    <0, 0, 0>, <80, 15.51625, 80>
>    texture {pigment { color rgbt <1,1,1,1>}} hollow interior { media {scattering
>  {1, 0.07 extinction 0.01} intervals 5 samples 300,300}}}

I've been playing with this some and I think at least part of my problem is the
0.07 value in the scattering specification, which dictates the colors that are
absorbed by the media (I had previously thought this was related to properties
like extinction -- I think I got 0.07 from an example somewhere online). Anyway,
making this value red gives me the following image:
http://tinypic.com/r/1jb76a/6

This is also not what I want, as you can see that now I have effectively a blue
background due to this choice (and in any case, the light looks white, despite
my wanting it to be red). What aspect of POVRAY and/or elementary school
color-mixing am I missing to make the image as I want it?