POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Simulated urbanism scene : Re: Simulated urbanism scene Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:04:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simulated urbanism scene
From: MichaelJF
Date: 2 Mar 2013 14:20:00
Message: <web.51325011d75d82338b9a5f2e0@news.povray.org>

> And that is as it should be ;-) The orthographic view is also fully correct.
>
> Note 1:
> This is a /block/ secondary streets and alleyways or courtyards can be
> obtained by editing the Block object which controls where houses are
> located. This should be designed by the user.
>
> Note 2:
> The density of the urbanism is controlled by the /number/ of houses the
> user wants in a particular block. Play with the parameter Numbers.
>
> Note 3:
> This is not intended as a town like we know it. More like those in

> Libya) or indeed a pueblo village. Much of the circulation occurs over
> the terraces as it happens.
>
> Thomas

Thank you for this guidance. I will play with this parameters as soon as I have
time to do so. At the moment I'm combing cats (Poser cat with dynamic hair). I
found a way to display dynamic hair by analysing the obj-output of Poser and
convert the lines to simple meshes to simulate hair. Unfortunatelly I have to
use software which is not known here but I'm accustomed to it. PoseRay quitted
after some 30.000 different but very simple meshes (I think I tried only for
tubes with 30 vertices each) with an out of memory error.  I have run tests now
and observed that POV can handle a million of them (ok, I reduced them further
to only 15 vertices). Unfortunatelly I have not the time to convert the code
from my special statistical software to C++, but your problems about beards you
reported here the one or other time could be solved with this approach. And
easily.

Best regards,
Michael