POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Colored specular highlights feature request : Re: Colored specular highlights feature request Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:08:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colored specular highlights feature request
From: Mr
Date: 22 Feb 2013 03:10:02
Message: <web.512727885a3186c0ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
> > otherwise would it be possible to make any color one of the possible expected
> > values for these keywords, so that it would work more similarly to the
> > reflection syntax?  I know about metallic keyword, but I would want to be able
> > to specify *any* color for highlights.
> >
> > If not, what workaround do you advice? layered material with transparent colored
> > diffuse, opaque specular highlight with metallic parameter?
>
> Exactly that.
>
> > I'm not even sure that's possible.
>
> It should be. The highlights are always there no matter how high you set
> the transparenty.

I tried it, and now I remember what I forgot: I had already tried, and this is
why it won't do for me:

It is inside the same index of a texture_list. and POV tells me it is "expecting
} ...other texture found instead" POV won't accept layered textures inside
texture_lists.

We use those in Blender exporter to convert several materials per object. The
rest of the texture translation code is already quite convoluted to be able to
use transparency maps, along with diffuse color map, bump map and specular map
using several finishes mixed together.

any other workaround?