POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When is pov 4.0 comming out? : Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 21 Feb 2013 16:35:01
Message: <web.5126925a7fbec89278641e0c0@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:42:42 -0500, swampie wrote:
>
> > Don't look now, Jim but your mother may have raised a smartass. If you
> > look at the post above yours you will see a very informative,
> > professional answer. An absolutely useful one, unlike yours.
> >
> > Small suggestion: Ask your sister for a lesson on how not to get your
> > panties in a wad.
>
> [snip]
>
> In all seriousness, ISTR there being a place on the POV-Ray site where
> that specific answer was given - it used to be a FAQ, and the answer was
> "don't ask - it'll be released when it's ready and not one minute sooner".

I recall reading something to this effect not long after I downloaded POV-Ray
3.5 in 2003.  Every time I see someone post this question, I think, "You're not
supposed to ask that question."

At first, I thought swampie just had an innocent question, having failed to run
across that FAQ.  Now, I'm not so sure.

Considering what I paid for POV-Ray, I can't complain about the release
schedule.