POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Colored specular highlights feature request : Colored specular highlights feature request Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Colored specular highlights feature request
From: Mr
Date: 20 Feb 2013 09:20:01
Message: <web.5124dafd352f5f80ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
I must have forgotten something, but I am surprised that it doesn't seem
possible to specify a color for the phong or specular highlight. Am I mistaken
about that?
otherwise would it be possible to make any color one of the possible expected
values for these keywords, so that it would work more similarly to the
reflection syntax?  I know about metallic keyword, but I would want to be able
to specify *any* color for highlights.

If not, what workaround do you advice? layered material with transparent colored
diffuse, opaque specular highlight with metallic parameter? I'm not even sure
that's possible.