POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC7 sanity check : Re: RC7 sanity check Server Time
12 May 2024 21:05:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC7 sanity check
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 20 Feb 2013 00:20:02
Message: <web.51245c70b270f601e80af9310@news.povray.org>
> I'm a bit unsure if I should remove associations automatically added
> by windows. Yes, it would make sense to remove them, but up to now
> I've tried to avoid having the uninstaller touch anything that the
> installer didn't create.

Why not to let the user decide, IF (s)he wishes so? In that case, the installer
could list all registry keys and their values, and the user can make a
case-by-case decision. Might be better in some cases, that a general decision
towards the one or another side.

I lost once all my valuable POV scenes because I never found out, that that POV
version moved (and not just copied) the user files into a totally different
folder within "My Documents". I was used to a folder within the POV-Ray folder.
So I deleted that new Scenes folder inside My Documents, and repended bitterly,
up to today (the Seneca deep space carrier, presented in this forum, was among
them).

I think, it is just wise, to include an option where the user can decide on a
case-by-case base.