POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need a Ship Hull : Re: I need a Ship Hull Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a Ship Hull
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Feb 2013 12:35:01
Message: <web.511bcd9299fef77e1f9f19000@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi. Can anyone create a basic ship hull for me?
>
> It should be a hull of a WW2 battleship, best would be the hull of the Japanese
> super battleship Yamato.
>
> But no bull eyes, no rudder, no reeling, no propulsion and no deck structures
> are needed, just the plain hull alone. Can anyone assist? Thanks.

Hi Sven,

no I have not your desired ship hull. In fact I just created a very simple one
after very old scetches by a certain Fredrik Henrik af Chapman (can be found at
the side of the Swedish Maritime Museum), but it's a frigate and certainly not
the Yamato (I prefer the Yamato which looks a little bit like the NCC 1701 D ;-)
and has openings for the canons. I think you should take a look at the free
resources at turbosquid (you must create an account but as long as you download
only free items you will not be charged) or at sharecg.com (which is free
totaly). I know there some free vessels, most likely not the Yamato but more
comparable with it than my old frigate by af Chapman.

Best regards,
Michael