POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for a formula : Re: Looking for a formula Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for a formula
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Feb 2013 06:20:01
Message: <web.511a248924d8606ec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Line-LineIntersection.html

That looks...complicated :-O

But seeing the diagram there gave me a thought: The problem looks like it might
be solvable by a strictly geometric method instead (triangles, angles, etc.)--
something that might be more conceptually easy to code into SDL.  I sat down
with pencil and paper and worked on it for awhile (resulting in lots of
crumpled-up paper!) But one particular method looks promising. If it pans out,
I'll post it.

I imagine the ancient Greeks might have given this problem a fair amount of
thought.