POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AutoClck.mcr : Re: AutoClck.mcr Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:56:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AutoClck.mcr
Date: 6 Feb 2013 16:20:02
Message: <web.5112c8773b1096648754b1ec0@news.povray.org>
I tried all version macros to 3.1. Also I tried to figure out how to add
necessary semicolons, but that was... challenging. These are things I can't
fathom at all. Probably they are neat ideas to Povray macro coder, but... Well,
if someone can clarify these, good.

For those who have enough interest, there are HTML guides inside those zip files
how to use those macros... They were quite handy, especially using that Auto
Clock Modifier.

But now I have already begin developing my own solution. It's a Python script
which currently does something like this: parse animation configuration,
generate POV files, render them and compile PNG files to MP4 video by using
FFMPEG command line. I have only rudimentary linear extrapolation now. I need
good (preferably simple) curve code for making transitions to keyframes. I'm not
even sure that could I fake smooth movement with cosine curve? I know that
"real" animation systems use splines and such creatures, maybe I need a math
textbook... Also I have skeleton for texture animation.

It will suffice until something better is found...