POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflections/Highlights: 1. Facettes on a Cylinder? 2. Angle-Dependent Color= : Re: Reflections/Highlights: 1. Facettes on a Cylinder? 2. Angle-Dependent C= Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections/Highlights: 1. Facettes on a Cylinder? 2. Angle-Dependent C=
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 5 Feb 2013 11:40:01
Message: <web.511135a1cd08438e81c811d20@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hmmm.......
>
> Problem 1:
> I want to wrap the hexagons around a cylinder shape. But the hexagon pattern is
> just along the x and z axis. Honestly, at the moment I am out of ideas. Hoped it
> would have been three-dimensional.
>
> Problem 2:
> Hexagon is a pigment pattern, but my intention is to fill the hexagons with a
> texture. One with a dark texture, one with a lighter texture. And then, using
> both of them in a texture map.
>
> Problem 3:
> I need thin outline (borders) between the hexagons. Those will be filled with a
> non-reflective texture.
>
> Oh, oh, oh...

Problem 1: use a cylindrical warp on the pattern (3.5.12.6.5 Mapping using
warps)

Problem 2: Hexagon can be used a a textire pattern, check the 4th example under
3.5.11.21 Hexagon

Problem 3: A little more difficult, but could be done.  Best way may be with a
function pattern, but coul also be done by manipulating gradient patterns

-tgq