POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes : Re: Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 5 Feb 2013 09:25:01
Message: <web.51111625d2aa29bf32076fd10@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am happy to see the progress in this thread, and the direction it takes. I
never worked with any of these programs, so I would be at poorest performance,
if I can perform at all. Makes no sense to invest any money, if I cannot use the
software.   :-(

Basically, I just need each figure in maybe six or eight different poses, then I
can multiply them in a graphic software, cluster them, and even change the
colors of the clothing of the non-sailors and non-soldiers, to add further
variety.

Or I am combining even body segments of different figures together, to add
further variety, like the head of Human1 with the body of Human2, the arms of
Human3 and the leg position of Human4, etc..

Still, I am in need of resources. I have to come away of using photos of real
persons in historical costumes, for copyright and privacy reasons.

Is here anyone who could assist? I know about the clothing of that time, and can
co-operate. And the resources we create, can help thousands of others.