POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ERROR: blob seems to be no object identifier : Re: ERROR: blob seems to be no object identifier Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ERROR: blob seems to be no object identifier
From: MichaelJF
Date: 4 Feb 2013 14:55:01
Message: <web.511011f6baf74895f979af530@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >Greetings again, and my thanks.
>
> I decided to bypass the problems by removing all macros from the scene. I work
> now with multiple, slightly changed instances of some objects.

In general macros are a fine feature with the SDL. Better use them.

> Still, I would love to find out the problems, it just tickles me not to have
> found the problem. If you like, we can continue.

I have put my clumsy version of your code to the p.b.s-f:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.51100b68cae5bb88f979af530%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cwe
b.51100b68cae5bb88f979af530%40news.povray.org%3E

I've just tested it again and yielded a green object in front of a black
background, that means the scene can be rendered. (I've introduced the green
because you haven't supplied your textures and I needed a quick substitute).

Best regards,
Michael