POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to refract light sources properly? : How to refract light sources properly? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  How to refract light sources properly?
From: Chuck
Date: 3 Feb 2013 16:00:01
Message: <web.510ece923fdcbd685dcec4c10@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am quite new to Pov-ray, so maybe my question is a bit basic.

I am trying to model a LED torch and would like to add a lense. However, the
lense I managed to create distorts the physical objects depneding on the
refraction index -- but apparently not the light sources?!

i.e., the light sources are placed at the bases of seven cones (placed in the
main element) and shine towards a plane (just for testing). But the lense I
place above does not change the light path. But it 'works' to distort the
physical objects.

I switched photons on, assuming that they will find the right path through the
lense, but without success

The test code is available at:
https://gist.github.com/e63f56363ace292c6534#file-ledlense-pov

Cheers and many thanks for ideas,