POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
16 May 2024 06:00:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Jan 2013 17:50:00
Message: <web.510700209618bbb7c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> If a body spin to fast, it won't be able to condense into a planet or
> moon. There is a point where it can, theoreticaly, form into an almost
> pancake shape...

Ah, I didn't think of that: At such a fast rotation rate, there would have been
no Moon to begin with! (The only thing I can think of that would cause a Moon to
spin faster *once it was formed* would be, say, a near-miss from some other,
bigger object, with a much larger gravitational field. But that would have torn
the Moon apart again, probably.)

> For the neutron star, you'll see the incandecent gaz cloud that could be
> called it's athmosphere, or have degenerated into a solid crust but
> still stay "normal" matter.
> If you where to remove that outer layer...

Ah, right again. The neutron star, with its huge gravitational and magnetic
fields, would obviously attract all the other loose matter in it's
vicinity--forming a crust. So it may never be possible to see a 'naked' neutron
star. And the photon question becomes merely a hypothetical one.