POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP : Re: The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:50:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mesh cam: Growing plants to light: a first WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 28 Jan 2013 13:05:01
Message: <web.5106bd8b4c7ef31d47a2c77e0@news.povray.org>
> Some tips:
>
> * The rotation speed is too fast until the end, when it slows down.
> * The blue structure is distracting.
> * The checkered texture is probably making your MPEG files bigger than
> they need to be.  I'd recommend a neutral-colored plane with a faint
> granite normal pattern.
>
> Regards,
> John

Thanks for the hints. Yes I'm not content with the blue structure but I wanted
to visualise the obstacle the plant has to go round. May be Thomas's proposal to
avoid the rotation and a good camera position would be better. This would most
likely reduce the file size too. In such a scene a checkered plane is a must
have ;-)

Best regards,
Michael