POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
16 May 2024 03:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Jan 2013 23:35:00
Message: <web.5105fea89618bbb7c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] KOSHERhotmailcom> wrote:

> ...the 180 degree blurring has
> one benefit:  You only have to render half as many frames to achieve the
> same level of blurring.

Yes indeed. My animation code block is set up to do that as well; but for this
animation I originally rendered *all* the motion, as I didn't think of posting a
'180-deg version' until later. Then it was just a simple matter of skipping
frames during the averaged re-rendering. BTW, the re-rendering process goes
*fast*, as it can be run at POV-Ray's lowest-quality setting. Just images
projected on the front of a box, with ambient 1.0.  Not very *elegant*, but
extremely useful.