POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Photometric lights IES / LDT data file or custom falloff curve feature? : Photometric lights IES / LDT data file or custom falloff curve feature? Server Time
5 May 2024 00:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Photometric lights IES / LDT data file or custom falloff curve feature?
From: Mr
Date: 25 Jan 2013 08:35:01
Message: <web.5102897ada45904bed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
Is there yet any way to pass a custom / photometric light falloff data to POV

-If not, maybe it could be done by entering a spline for the radius/falloff of a
spotlight for artistic effects (this is also good for integration with Blender's
interface, I could then use Blender custom curve or create that curve frome ies
files directly in Blender exporter)?

-Or, maybe it's planned for POV to simply support ies and ldt files provided by
lamp manufacturers?

The most recent information I could find about these are :

- This old Dialux patch :
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3ce12f7e%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=7

- And this "more recent" (2008) one by delle:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.47fb27957c39099227eef15b0@news.povray.org%3E/