POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:44:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Jan 2013 02:15:06
Message: <web.50f7a46d9618bbb7c2d977c20@news.povray.org>

> Thumbs up for the 360 degrees. I guess it's simply closer to the visual
> experience of real life.

Interesting. I'm sort of 'stuck on the fence' between the two versions. On the
one hand, I do like the 'liquid-like' blur of the 360-deg version. On the other,
I'm so used to seeing/thinking about/dissecting 'film-like' motion blur that
it's the norm for me. (But I wonder if I'm just *telling myself* that it's
better??)

On my older CRT monitor (with a refresh rate of 85Hz), the 360-deg version takes
on a little bit of the 'look' of live video, rather than film. The 180-degree
version seems to reduce that effect, to my eyes (eyes/brain?)--which I find
rather fascinating in itself.