POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Jan 2013 02:05:07
Message: <web.50f7a22e9618bbb7c2d977c20@news.povray.org>

> Motion blur is (yet) another trick on my to-play-with list...
>
> Bill

My simple averaging method is the 'poor man's way'--it doesn't at all reproduce
the 'photographic film' look of, say, a very bright light smeared across the
frame. In such a case, the smear would be equally bright from beginning to end.
In my case, the darker background of previous/later frames is averaged with each
frame's bright 'static' light pool. The result is a 'different', not
quite-so-bright smear. But it still looks pretty cool.

I think MegaPOV (?) has a built-in motion-blur method (no simple averaging of
frames) that produces a more accurate result.